The Cost Of Design

Saturday, February 13, 2010
I have been asked many times to quote a design fee for blogs, web sites and business cards etc.

This is not an easy task, it would seem that most potential clients have no idea of the amount of work involved and flee at the mention of a very reasonable rate.

For example the professional design fee for a blog is usually between $1500-$3000 to get a good design.

If unique graphics are required the time involved is substantial.

I have been in the design industry for over 25 years with vast experience and I am not too happy about working for a few dollars per hour.

It is mystifying that folks will pay plumbers and electricians vast sums for half an hours work but are so reluctant to pay the humble designer.

It is also puzzling that it costs less to buy one of my beautifully designed and printed gift tags than it costs to buy a cup of coffee!

I will crawl back into my Artist's garret.....



Attic from Warden Abbey